Tooth loss can present lots of challenges that can range from an unsightly smile to extensive tooth and jawbone loss if left untreated for long enough. Fortunately, Dr. John Shoemaker has the artistic vision and expertise required to provide the incredibly beautiful and enduring results with dental implants for which he has garnered a stellar reputation in the McKinney, TX and neighboring areas of Texas. Aside from providing a teeth replacement option that closely mimics the function and appearance of natural teeth, dental implants also provide the following important benefits:
- Permanent, non-removable, and durable teeth replacement options
- Aesthetically pleasing and life-like appearance
- Virtually indistinguishable from natural dentition
- Unmatched convenience, comfort, and simplicity of care
- Improved bite strength and chewing capabilities
- Prevent or stop jawbone loss and gum recession caused by missing or failing teeth
- Incredibly strong and stable foundation for supporting replacement teeth
- Require only a strong oral hygiene routine for proper care and maintenance
- Eliminate the shifting or migration of nearby teeth into voids left by lost teeth
- Alleviate TMJ or other jaw pain caused by bite problems
- Renewed sense of self-confidence with a beautiful new smile
- Restore the appearance of facial areas that have been negatively affected by tooth loss
If you are one of millions of Americans living with missing teeth or failing removable dentures or bridgework, then Dr. Shoemaker welcomes you to his McKinney, TX dentistry practice to learn whether you may be a good candidate for dental implant treatment. Even if you have been turned away from other dental implant providers in the past, Dr. Shoemaker would like to provide you with a second opinion regarding the possibility of replacing your missing or failing teeth with an implant supported restoration.
Dental Implants vs. Dentures
Historically, the treatment options for tooth loss have been limited to removable dentures and dental bridges. Dentures rely upon suction and the anatomy of the mouth to keep them in place while in use. As the shape of the structure of the mouth changes over time, dentures can lose their proper fit and will become ineffective. Dental bridges routinely require healthy teeth to be ground down to be used for support for the dental appliance. Unfortunately, these types of teeth replacement options are really no more permanent than a pair of prescription eyeglasses and will eventually need to be repaired or replaced. Dental implants are the only teeth replacement option that is designed to last for a lifetime and that actually become a permanent part of the anatomy of the jawbone.
Need a Solution for Your Dental Problems?
If you are missing one, multiple, or even all of your teeth, then Dr. Shoemaker in McKinney, TX has an effective and enduring teeth replacement solution for you! Dental implants can completely and permanently replace your missing or failing teeth and only require a healthy oral hygiene routine for care and maintenance. You can learn more about dental implants on our FAQ page and you can also learn more about what makes a good dental implant candidate to help you on your journey to a new smile. Dr. Shoemaker’s office also offers a number of payment and financing options for those concerned about the cost of their dental implant treatment. Simply contact our McKinney, TX office to schedule your own obligation free dental implant consultation with Dr. Shoemaker today!